ChildCare Funding Support
Parents Childcare Funding Support Information
There are many different initiatives run by the government and employers to help make child care more affordable. SuperStars Day Nursery has put together information that may help you obtain some financial assistance. Financial assistance is often determined by the age of your child and your economic circumstances. This is provided either by the Government or your Employer. SuperStars Day Nursery team are more than happy to discuss your personal circumstances in private and in full confidence to try and assist you to our best ability. Our team is always happy to talk to you so what do you have to lose !
Here some information Government Support / Nursery Education Grant Funding
2 year old funding
The scheme enables parents/guardians with children of 2 years of age to take up free part time nursery education (i.e: up to 5 hours x 3 days per week) for 38 weeks of the year within our nursery.
How do I qualify?
To qualify for a place, families must meet a set of criteria based on their financial circumstances and a range of characteristics based on the family or the children. Eligible families must be in receipt of at least one of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- Income based Job Seekers Allowance
- Child Tax Credit at a rate higher than the family element
- Extra Working Tax Credit relating to a disability or pension credit
- Employment Support Allowance (income related only).
The family must also meet one or more of the following criteria;
- have three or more children all under the age of ten
- teenage parents
- Alone parents
- parents with health issues
- families with domestic violence
- families with drug and alcohol misuse
- children with developmental and learning difficulties or siblings
- children with disabilities or siblings
- children with emotional and behavioural difficulties or siblings
- children living in temporary accommodation.
- Families where there is social care involvement or where there is a live
- CAF (Common Assessment Framework) may be given a priority place.
Here some information on Working and Child Tax Credit
Child Tax Credit
Child Tax Credits are given to support families with children. The amount you receive depends on your income and the individual circumstances of your household, Tax credits can be paid weekly or every four weeks.
Please contact tax credit helpline on 0345 300 3900. Or visit the Inland Revenue website https://www.gov.uk/child-tax-credit
Working Tax Credit
Working Tax Credits are given to assist working families on low and middle incomes. If you work for 16 hours a week or more and are responsible for at least one child dependent, you could be eligible to claim the working tax credit. The amount depends on your income and individual circumstances. This amount can be paid through the pay packet or directly into your bank account if you are self-employed.
For further information contact your local Children’s Information Service or call the Tax Credit Helpline on 0345 300 3900. Or visit the Inland Revenue website https://www.gov.uk/working-tax-credit
3 year old funding:
The scheme enables parents/guardians with children between the ages of three and four year old to take up free part time nursery education (i.e: up to 5 hours x 3 days per week) for 38 weeks of the year within our nursery. Grants are provided subject to criteria set by your local authority. Ask the Manager at our Nursery should you require further information.